Would you like to work on innovative projects, overcoming technological challenges, working with cutting-edge technologies?
Do you want to take on new responsibilities, manage network architecture on an international level? If your interests are in that direction, we are looking for people like you!
We are looking for a security engineer to design, implement and continuously improve ByEvolution solutions to ensure that all information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure and processes are adequately protected within the digital ecosystem in which the organisation operates.
Essential Obligations and Responsibilities
- Develop and design secure and reliable systems to ensure the appropriate confidentiality, integrity, availability, security, privacy and recovery of digital assets owned, controlled and/or processed by the organisation, including the evaluation, selection and implementation of custom or third-party solutions.
- Develop secure network solutions to protect against advanced persistent threats.
- Plan, implement, manage, administer, monitor and update security measures to protect data, systems and networks.
- Conduct and/or coordinate/manage third party assessments and penetration testing to measure the effectiveness of the security programme.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems associated with ByEvolution's security and network, including handling system breaches.
- Tests and identifies network and system vulnerabilities to determine those that can potentially be exploited by a threat source and addresses identified issues accordingly.
- Recommends and coordinates the implementation of fixes, patches and recovery procedures in the event of a security breach.
- Provides technical leadership and vision around network security monitoring, implementation and processes with a balance of scalability, stability, cost, robustness and flexibility.
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a combination of information security and IT.
- Professional security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or other similar security-related certifications are an asset.
- Technical security solution certifications are also desirable, including Cisco Certified Network Professional - Security (CCNP Security), Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional and Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate.
- Experience working with products in the following categories (enterprise password vaults, vulnerability scanning and management (Tenable/OpenVAS), SIEM (AlienVault, splunk, etc.), PKI, application control, network micro-segmentation, cloud security, O365, Azure AD, Azure Identity and Governance, identity and access management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of hacking, including how systems can be breached, with the ability to create effective proactive solutions to prevent attacks.
- Up-to-date knowledge of information security risk management and cybersecurity technologies, methodologies and trends in both business and IT.
- Strong knowledge of the operation, maintenance and functionality of firewalls and endpoint security systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, with the ability to speak clearly and concisely about cybersecurity strategy and policy, and to convey technical information to people at different levels of technical understanding, ranging from senior management to technical experts.
- Strong track record of sound judgement and professional handling of highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Fundamental computer forensic skills to effectively protect organisations' digital assets and prevent security breaches.
- General knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements. Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations. Ability to identify problems
- Working day: Full-time